Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Update

Zio and I entered the Oklahoma Spring Fling disc dog competition Saturday. It had rained hard Friday night and into Saturday morning, so everything was wet. Zio and I both showed how rusty we were during the first round. I did not throw very well and Zio was jumping too soon on my good throws, so we definitly proved that you can't enter a tournament cold and expect good results. My back started to spasm while waiting around, so we packed it in and didn't not throw in the second round.

Flyball practice was indoors on Sunday. Zio did great recalls against Jeep as the team worked on discouraging Jeep from coming across the lanes and chasing. Zio even did some good work on the box, doing several full runs with a jump board in place.

He didn't do so well later in the passing drill, but I'm not sure he was focused by the time we did that. I think we were too close together and Zio was tired and unfocused. I think he'll do fine on passing in the heat of competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment