Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Flyballer in Training

With my back acting up and giving me very limited mobility, my wife, Susan, pitched in to get Zio some work on the box. She took a few pointers and Zio was turning off the box for her and then it was tug party time. It was very hot, so we didn't do anything for very long and had plenty of cool water for Zio.

Since there were two of us, we tried lining him up about 6-8 feet from the box with the other giving the "hit it" command at the box. It took a few tried before he didn't try to go right for the tug, but he eventually started going to the box first.


I decided to put a ball in the box to see if he would stab it or turn correctly. The first try was a stab. The second and third were three legged turns. After a few more without the ball, I put the ball back in. Zio surprised me by ignoring the ball to turn for the tug! WOW! By then, my back was screaming in agony again and we had to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment