Friday, May 21, 2010

Hopeful

I'm very encouraged by the consistency of his box turn now. He is also doing great on the tug play too. A few times, he missed the ball when it shot out and he left it on the ground to come back to the tug! I can fix that easily enough, but the fact that the tug meant more to him than chasing the ball was awesome!

I ended up moving back to about 35 feet with no loss of focus. He is actually doing so well that I may put the 10" jump board back in to get him a little higher on the box. I just need to figure out how to do that without going backwards with his training.

We're down to four dogs running on the Memorial Day weekend tournament. Scout came into heat, so Zio will be running third with the rest of the Step on It team. This Sunday's practice will need to include some passing drills.

No comments:

Post a Comment