Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Exciting Progress

Zio and I made a huge leap ahead on his box turn training yesterday. I continued sending him to the box on command from about 6-8 feet, without a jump board or ball. He did so well on our first session, that I started putting a ball in the box. The first try, he went to stab the box and I corrected him and didn't give reward. The second try, he totally ignored the ball to get the tug. Every time I loaded a ball after that, he would turn correctly to get the tug and completely ignored the ball. Wow! He did make a few turns looking at the ball, but seemed to understand that the turn is what gets the tug!

During the last session, he again ignored the ball and we played tug for a bit. I asked him, "Where's the ball?" and he ran back and retrieved it to me. After that, he grabbed to ball every time while doing his turn correctly!!! I was ecstatic and very proud my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment