Sunday, July 1, 2012

Good Practice!

Zio had his first full practice since mid-April today.  His turn had reverted to more of a punch and grab rather than a swimmers turn at the tournament, so we went back to basics with the gutter dividing the lane.  During box work, he did an awesome job of sweeping to the right of the gutter to do his turn and it looked really good.  During full runs with Maverick and Lucy, he kept his turn, but was tending to straddle the gutter going to the box.  I'll have to see what props I can add without putting too much garbage in front of the box.

The other exercise we did was to do the warm up turn at the box.  Someone else releases him from about 20 feet, while I line up at the box.  The idea is that I start off running just as he gets to the box so that he turns really quick to grab the tug while it's still there.  

The championship team is going to come from Zio, Maverick, Lucy, Jean-Luc, Wisp, and Luna.  Luna is pretty much a plan B in case Lucy comes into heat at the wrong time for the championships.  If that happens, it may influence whether I run Zio.  It could happen that I'll have to have someone else run Zio while I run Luna.  Then again, it could work out the other way around.  Plan A is Lucy as our height dog though, so let's hope that works out.




No comments:

Post a Comment