Monday, July 16, 2012

Getting Better

I thought practice was a little better this week.  I ran him in the open before practice again and his turns were a lot tighter than last week.  Props consisted of a gutter down the middle and one on the exit side to force a tighter turn.  He looked really good from distance.

I gave him an extra session running DGW passing with Solo, since Jeep was AWOL.  On box work, I basically did the warmup routine of starting at the box while someone else releases him.  I was a little slow the one time and he came of the box too fast and grabbed my hand instead of the tug.  Fortunately, he let me keep the hand and regripped on the tug.

During team runs, he ran for Katie while I ran Luna.  She said he did the first ones fine, then got a little wide, and then bobbled the last two.  He seems to be running hard and didn't seem to notice that I was in the lane with Luna, so that's a positive sign.  We'll keep working on the turn, but it's just too blasted hot in the evenings to do much of anything with him at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment