Monday, January 18, 2010

Progress!!!

This afternoon, I started releasing him to get the ball from 20 ft away. After a few ignore the cone and run straight for the ball runs, we changed the angle just a bit. After that he was remembering to go to the right of the cone and then come back. I slowly added in two jumps and he was consistently going over two jumps, turning correctly on the box, grabbing the ball, and returning over both jumps!!! Zio is the man!!!!

The other thing I needed to correct is his desire to pay more attention to the ball on the ground than the tug in my hand. This afternoon, I wouldn't let him pick up the ball, but instead redirected him to do a sit and earn a treat. Very good progress on this too! All in all a super afternoon of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment