Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dew Claws

Practice was cut short yesterday when I noticed that both dew claws were bloody. Upon closer examination, they both appear to have abrasions. They look sore, so he's on the sidelines until they look better. The only thing I can think of is that he scraped them skidding to a stop in the icy snow chasing the ball.

I'm looking at the Z-Control Skid Boots made by a lady in Missouri. I've sent her an email with his wrist measurements, but I'm not sure if she is still making them.

The practice time we had was a mixed bag. As long as the cone is there, he turns great. If I go to the short cone, he stops getting all four paws on the box. I even tried it with no cone and a blocker in front, but things still went to hell. I put the big cone back and he turns great again. I think I'll try easing the cone further and further away and see if I can keep his turn good... as soon as we can practice again.

No comments:

Post a Comment