Sunday, January 10, 2010

Awesome Practice!

Zio was extremely hyped up about being back at practice today. We were there early and had to wait for the puppy session to finish. He was literally shaking with excitement and frustration because the puppies were running and he wasn't. Si helped us do turns on a real box with a short barrier and the cone. He did so well that Si started releasing him while I stood back on the return.

After five or six turns, I tried putting the ball in the box and it didn't take him long to get the hang of that! Si would release him toward the box and Zio would grab the ball and follow me back over all the jumps!

After taking a break, we went back at it with Susan Owen's help and he continued to do great! By the end, I was releasing him from about twenty feet away from the box, he would swimmer's turn the box, grab the ball, and chase me back to get the tug. I feel a lot more comfortable that he'll be ready for the tournament next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment