Thursday, June 10, 2010

Something New

Zio has been doing good on his turns since we've returned to having evening practice sessions, so we've just been reinforcing the turn over the ten inch jump board. I'll mix in a wall turn, a turn without a ball, and turns without props once in a while to keep him sharp.

Last night, Susan helped me try something new. She held Zio while I stood by the box. When she released him, I started running the other way. I had hoped that he would get a sense of urgency to get the ball and race back to the tug, but it didn't work out as planned. Once he would see me running the other way, he would turn around and follow me.

I'll have to change it up to try and get him to go to the box first. Not positive how to do that right now, but I'll have to work on that. I may try having Susan line him up from further back, setting up midway to the box, and waiting until he passes me to start going the other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment