Friday, June 25, 2010

As the Box Turns

Okay, time to go back to basics on the turns. I've decided to try and work with sending him to the box without the ball. I started out at about five feet and it's basically just touch training to the box. He's been doing this for months, so it isn't anything new to him.

Now that we've been doing good repetitions of this, I've moved back a few feet from the box. Initially, he would move toward the box and stop to look at me for direction. It seemed to click a little last night that even though I may be further away, I still wanted him to do a touch turn. This may be a "doh" moment for some, but I've never sent him to the box from a distance greater than six feet without the ball. I think my goal is to be able to send him to a "dry" box (without the ball) from 50-60 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment