Thursday, March 4, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Sometimes, it seems like we make real progress and develop some consistency. Other times, it seems like we're back at the beginning.

I tried removing the cone Tuesday evening and he reverted back to punching the box. I put the cone back in and he was still punching the box. I offset the starting position to the side and he did a proper turn, so we quit for the evening.

Last night, I kept the offset starting position for a while and then tried it head on again. He went back to punching the box, so I've reconstructed the "chute" with the board blocking him from punching the box and he got his form back on the turn.

I'm torn between continuing to try and develop the tug drive or switching to a frisbee as reward. The frisbee REALLY motivates him to return, but I'm afraid that he'll eventually realize that I don't actually throw it for him and I'll be back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment