Monday, March 1, 2010

Tug Play

We ran a handful of turns before dinner tonight and another handful after. He's got the box turn going good with the cone about six feet in front of the box and a token board to jump over. I'll probably take the cone out tomorrow and see if he still has the muscle memory going from all of the practices before the tournament.

I've been trying to find a way to make the tug more fun for him. He acts like it's the greatest thing since cheeseburgers here at home, but in practice, I might as well try to get him to play with a brick. He gets distracted by the other dogs or the balls and pretty much ignores rewards. I can eventually call him and he'll pay attention, but by then he's forgotten about a reward and ignores the tug. I used a frisbee as reward on the second day of Barkn' in Bonham and he was MUCH more interested in that, but it would be better if the tug was exciting for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment