Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Rehab Day #2

We did the same basic routine as yesterday with the following difference. On the down-sit-stand exercises, I tried to get him to hold his stand for five seconds each time.  Some made it to three, others to four, one solid stand for five seconds. It may just be a balance thing,  because his best one was the last one.

Update:
Did a second walk in the evening, about a mile in 20 minutes.  

Observations:  He loves going out walking and didn't seem to tire quite as much as yesterday.  I did get a reaction from him while doing a flexion stretch on his right rear and accidentally extended his leg while his hip was rotated out.  I didn't try it again, but I did try to gently duplicate the movement on the left rear and it did not get a reaction.  I may try that again in a week or so to see if he is any better with that movement.  He did seem a little sore later in the evening.  Tomorrow will be just walks and ROM work.


No comments:

Post a Comment