Monday, May 5, 2014

A Personal Best on the Clock

Zio was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself, at last weekend's Spring Fever tournament hosted by Hyperflight!  He ran more 3.9 second runs than I kept track of Saturday running into Lucy and I'm pretty sure one of them was a 3.91, which would top his previous personal best of 3.94.  Many of these 3.9 second runs with pass, were in the 3.8 range wire to wire.  I'll analyze the video at some point to annotate it officially here!  ;)

We switched the line up around on Sunday and he was passing into Teegan.  Lucy is very easy to pass into with her consistent turn and recall.  Teegan is green and fairly rough with his turn, including several return trips outside of the jumps when he turned wide and took the direct path back to "mom".  Needless to say I played it more cautious with Zio's passing.  Toward the end, I started trying to get the timing a little closer and dialed the passing in to a moderately comfortable pass, but far from tight.  

He now has 29,915 U-Fli points as he closes in on his next title of TFFC -III at 31,000 points.  Border Staffy sister Luna gave me my first perfect start! She was running for the first time this year after she broke her toe in January chasing a ball in the backyard!  She ran on the "B" team as start dog and ran pretty good considering it was her first time in the lanes in over six months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment