Tuesday, October 5, 2010

And Again...

The Zio man and I are still doing runs with a stride gutter in place before the box. I did add a second jump in place, but he continues to execute perfectly every time. I really won't know if it is making a difference until we can do a full run at the box. I haven't heard if we're going to Canine Sports Academy the weekend before Bonham. I hope we do so that we can practice on matting.

The other thing I've added to practice is to change from saying "Readddddddddy, Hit it!" to "Readdddddddddy, Set, Hit It!". I read an article about having a cadence with your dog on starts so they know when to tense for the start. I think it would probably help a start dog the most, but it's probably a good practice to follow regardless. It seems to help Zio know when he's going so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment