Friday, April 27, 2012

Monitoring

I've decided to put any further testing on hold for Zio's leg.  He has been showing improvement and generally uses his leg normally while walking or playing.  I had started taking him on short five minute walks (without a leash to pull on) Monday and Tuesday.  I went on a longer walk Wednesday, but he appeared to be favoring it a little after we had been home a while.  Yesterday he was looking good again, so we did a short five minute walk off leash.  He is showing the normal bounce in his step and no indications of soreness.

I did try a little manipulation last night and noticed he resists flexing his hock if the stifle is in a normal position.  Flexing both joints at the same time doesn't seem to bother him though.  I will try more manipulation tonight and see what happens when the stifle is extended first.


No comments:

Post a Comment