Monday, January 23, 2012

It's not flyball unless there is some blood!

Usually, that means the handler. Zio broke a nail toward the end of practice, so that pretty much ended his day. Fortunately, it was just the nail and not a tear. Thanks to my teammates that cleaned up every spot he stepped until I noticed he was bleeding.

Prior to that, he was back on track with his turns and did great keeping everything nice and high. On the drive home, I was reflecting on where we were a year ago in his training. Back then, he was still doing okay in practice, but would fall apart in a tournament... stabbing the box, turning the wrong way, three legged turns, etc...

A year later and I'm very proud (usually) of how he runs. I'm really looking forward to the first tournament in less than four weeks now!

No comments:

Post a Comment