Monday, May 23, 2011

Interesting

An interesting weekend of stuff. Zio and I took a trip to the annual rescue pet bath fundraising event and walked through all the vendor aisles. Of course he got a bath while we were there too. Don't tell me dogs are color blind either, because Zio wanted to go greet every person with a red shirt while we were there.

Susan Owen was at the Twister Agility booth and met a guy with a border collie that she said looked like Zio's twin. She invited he and Barney to flyball practice and he does have a striking resemblance to Zio. I'd have to say the body type was just about all Zio... same coat, legs, back, tail, etc.. although the facial structure tended more to Zio's littermate, Ecko. We had him do recalls with Barney (who already has a head start on tugging), but he left before we had a chance to do anything else with him. I sure hope he comes again, since I really don't have a way to contact him. I wish I had gotten a picture too. I would not be surprised if Barney was one of Zio's littermates or at least the same line.

During practice, Zio seemed to be doing something odd with his front feet on the box (folding them under?), while using the ten inch jump board. This was during full runs, so I couldn't see it from the runback area. He was also hitting the jump board with his lower back leg occasionally. Susan, Connie, and Michele tried to catch it on video, but the angle was wrong to see his front feet. We switched to a lower jump board and he stopped doing it, so I think we'll stick to the eight inch board and see how he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment