Monday, August 30, 2010

Racing in Bonham

A great time racing in Bonham, TX! Zio was running hard and I saw a personal best Saturday of 4.191 seconds. He topped that one while running singles with Susan on Sunday with a 4.183 second run. In reviewing some of the video I shot, I need to tighten up my passing. In analyzing the runs, Zio is definitely capable of 4.0x second runs with better passing. We're going to go back and reintroduce the 10" jump board on the box too and tweak his turns. I also caught him checking out the other lane on his run backs. I'm actually thinking he could be a 3.9 second dog if he put it all together with a better turn and harder run back.

Other highlights...
Susan also got to be our boxloader for the weekend and did a great job, especially since we just threw her into it at the last minute! Jean-Luc made his debut for Susan Owens and is already capable of 4.3 seconds or less. A good start would put him in the 4.1 second range and he'll only get better with experience. Wisp has been healing up and sounds like he may be ready to compete in Las Vegas. Scout ran the best I've seen her run with several 4.8 and 4.9 second runs. We could easily be running sub 18 seconds in October with the right practice and health. We'll have to start working on passing with Jean-Luc. It would be nice to get him in some races in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment