Thursday, April 22, 2010

Moving to the Box

As the next tournament looms in less than two weeks, I'm beginning to have concerns about him being really ready for it. We began the transition from the wall to the box a few days ago, but I seem to be balancing going slow enough to teach him right and getting him ready to be able to run the tournament on May 1st.

The bad news was that he seemed to have completely forgotten turning on the box. The good news is that he seemed to have completely forgotten about turning on the box. Ironic. On one hand, I'm glad he forgot the bad turn he was developing. On the other hand, he has a tournament in 10 days and it sure would be helpful if he could actually make a full run. My fear is that I'll throw him in the tournament and he'll revert back to stabbing the box to get the ball. He hasn't seen a ball in training for a month now, so I'll need to work that back in at some point soon. In hindsight, I should have held him out of this tournament to get the focus on the turn.


No comments:

Post a Comment