Sunday, December 20, 2009

Zio and I

Zio was one of a litter of nine puppies picked up by animal control in a small Texas town in early July, 2008. We drove to Dallas and picked him up from a rescue when he was about 12 weeks old. Border Collies are my favorite breed for all of the reasons that get too many of them into trouble with owners that aren't prepared for living life with this breed. Not everyone is cut out to provide the activities, exercise, and mental stimulation needed for the majority of BC's.

I try to help with rescuing abandoned border collies from kill shelters when I can, but it's a heartbreaking issue at times. At any one time, there are at least a dozen that I'm following across the country that I'd adopt myself if I could. Instead, I do what I can to help and try and get them out of a bad situation. If you're ready for a border collie, please be open to the idea of rescuing one from a shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment